Key Advantages to RTX64
IntervalZero’s symmetric multiprocessing-enabled RTX64, a hard real-time plug-in to the Windows operating system, is a vital component of a Real-Time Platform that replaces real-time hardware – such as DSPs – with multi-core software components. The RTX platform reduces the complexity and cost of developing embedded systems, increases system performance, and accelerates innovation.
By eliminating proprietary real-time hardware, OEMs are free to build the systems they envision not just the systems that pre-determined hardware configurations can accommodate.
Five elements of the Real-Time Platform combine to deliver system-development cost reductions, increased scalability, better performance, improved quality, product differentiation, and extended market reach.
Single Integrated Development Environment
- Maximizes development and support productivity
- System-wide debugging directly improves quality
Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Multicore PC Boards
- Standards drive costs down by 25 to 50% for computing
- Staying on x86 doubles performance every 18 months; proprietary hardware limits continuous performance gains
Capitalizes on Windows Productivity, Usability, and IoT Leadership
- Leverage Visual Studio and all the Windows tools to build a world-class, immersive user experience
- Capitalize on Azure and all cloud connectivity tools for IoT and Industry 4.0
All Software Approach Delivers Hardware Independence
- Enables scalability to size the application to the right hardware
- Deploy a 2-core system to a 64-core system without redesign
- Engineering team can focus on adding Intellectual Property
- Many core functions pre-tested and available from 3rd party, or in SDK